Work here today!
WORDPRESS WEB DEVELOPER
~ ~ ~
Eggbeater Creative is an established graphic + website design studio near Granville Island in Vancouver.
We specialize in creative solutions for branding, print design and websites - and have been doing it for 20 years.
Eggbeater mixes together creative designers and smart programmers all under one roof, providing a comprehensive all-in-one solution for our clients’ needs.
We have diverse, interesting clients and all of our work is project-based so the creative landscape is always changing.
~ ~ ~
Position: Wordpress Web Developer
Position Type: Full-Time, Monday - Friday, In office
Eggbeater Creative is seeking a Wordpress Web Developer with confident programming skills who has experience working with everything from content management within pre-built themes, to creating custom-built sites using current web development languages and Wordpress best practices.
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual who prides themselves on creating websites that work great and look awesome. You should possess a minimum 2 years professional Wordpress experience and be up to date with Wordpress website creation standards and innovations.
At Eggbeater Creative, you’ll thrive in a flexible and relaxed work environment, challenge your creativity, build stable, slick websites you can be proud of, and join a team of discerning designers and proficient programmers who really know their stuff - and play a mean round of Mario Kart.
We are an innovative, established design company with ample opportunity to learn and grow. We like working with a broad range of clients and building first-rate websites fuelled by inspiration and creativity.
If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, read on:
~ ~ ~
Successful candidates will have strong Wordpress programming skills and will be responsible for development tasks including:
- Customizing and publishing content using existing Wordpress themes
- Custom-building Wordpress themes
- Implementing plug-ins and formatting content using CSS
- Developing a website project from start to finish
- Collaborating with design and programming teams
- Communicating with and managing multiple clients
Part of what makes you great:
- Be fearless in giving and receiving feedback to help you and your teammates learn and grow.
- Possess an amazing work ethic with an ability to manage multiple client projects with a customer-centric attitude
- Be able to find meaning in what you do and genuinely enjoy programming and debugging
~ ~ ~
Competencies + Work/Education Experience
- Must be proficient working within Wordpress and theme-building
- Must have 2+ years of experience developing Wordpress websites
- Should have a strong understanding of responsive web design and working from a mobile-first perspective (i.e. Bootstrap Framework)
- Proficiency using the Adobe Creative Suite for website design assets
- Post-secondary education or commensurate work experience
Bonus skills: Familiarity w/ NPM, Gulp, Bower, Git, VVV, Vagrant, Virtualbox
~ ~ ~
- Reports to: Tyler Mounteney, Lead Developer
- Works with graphic design team and web programmers
- Communicates with clients and suppliers as needed
~ ~ ~
Compensation + Benefits
- Competitive salary to match experience and education
- Monthly performance bonus (individual and team components)
- Extended health benefits package
- Ongoing training and mentorship
- Relaxed and creative environment near Granville Island in Vancouver
~ ~ ~
How to Apply
Ready to kick-start your career at Eggbeater Creative?
Send your resume and online links directly to Clay Yandle at email@example.com and include “Wordpress Web Developer“ in the subject line.
We look forward to meeting and learning more about you! :)